With the social distancing practices in place, many businesses have had to shut their doors temporarily and many restaurants are only able to rely on take out + pick up orders. It is so important to support our favourite small businesses during this time so that we can enjoy them again when life returns to normal!
Whether it’s ordering take out, purchasing a gift card or spreading the word about these hot spots, let’s all do our best to support! Here are some of our favourites in New Westminster + Burnaby.
1. Piva Italian – Closed until further notice but has plans to reopen. *Working on getting gift cards available online + working on take out options!
2. Steel & Oak – You can pick up beer between 11:30-6:00pm Monday-Thursday, 11:30-7:00pm Friday-Sunday
If you live in New West, they are offering a home delivery service. Orders must be in by midnight by the night before. You can shop on their website!
3. Royal Farm Market – small independent local grocer
4. Uptown Florist – Family owned and operated florist dedicated to the highest quality flowers. Order some flowers to add some colour and happiness in your loved ones lives! Orders available online
5. Bruncheria Cafe – Open every day 8am-2pm for takeout, pickup, and delivery. Delicious breakfast food, everything is made from scratch in house!
6. Caps Bicycle Shop – Small local business offering bike sales and repairs. Enjoy the beautiful weather with your kids on some bikes! Closed Monday and Tuesday
7. Galloways Fine Food Specialties – the neighbourhood natural food store. Galloways has been in its current location since 1978, but has been open since the 1930’s! Support this New West gem
8. Best Season Produce – small independent grocer with wonderful produce.
9. Big Star Sandwich Co. – Offering pick up and delivery
10. Royal Crown Pizza – Family owned and operated since 2012, offering wonderful pizza at super affordable prices
1. Daagerad Brewing – Local brewery. Offering delivery to Vancouver, Burnaby, and New West, also supplying take away everyday from 12-7pm
2. Me & Eds Pizza – Offering pickup and take away
3. Cozmos Cafe + Bistro – Open for take out and delivery most days starting at 5pm! Follow them on Facebook to stay up to date on their hours
4. Little Billy’s Steakhouse – Wonderful small restaurant now offering pickup and delivery (within 5km). Wine/Beer is also available
5. Ortona Deli – Italian Deli offering fresh Italian meats/cheeses/and goods. Support your local deli!
6. L’Artista Restaurant – Closed until further notice, if you can get your hands on a gift card to use when things return to normal do it! Fantastic Italian food
7. Cioffi’s Meat Market + Deli – Open for curb side pick up
8. The Graze Company – Very cool take on charcuterie boards with their new “Wine & Unwind” kits and custom boards. Delivery options available in Langley, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Vancouver, North + West Van
9. Glenburn Soda Fountain – Offering Curbside Pickup Wednesday – Sunday from 6-9pm (DIY sundae kits available!) as well as on Skip the Dishes
10. Chickadee Boutique – Clothing store in the Heights that is temporarily closed with website temporarily closed as well, but once things are up + running, give this boutique some love!
- Note that Joey Burnaby is offering 10% off on Door Dash or 20% off curb side pick up + 50% off bottles of wine! They also just introduced a new happy hour offering for take out orders.
Have a favourite local business that you don’t see here? We want to know about it! Please leave a note in our comments below.