We hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and AT HOME as much as possible in these strange times. This is a challenging situation for everyone in many different ways — this too shall pass and we will all get through this together.
For those of you who are able to stay home – we’ve come up with a few options to help keep you busy through the long lockdown days.
First up – Top items to tackle in your home! What to clean, what to get rid of and what to spruce up to get your home ready for sale – or just for your enjoyment – when things get back to normal.
- Clean out and organize your garage and/or storage locker – don’t forget a big sweep!
- Clean all windows – inside + out!
- Clean/dust each individual blind in your home
- Clean out closets and toiletries – set aside a bin for donations when this is possible again
- Clean out + wipe down kitchen cupboards, drawers and pantry *Many organizations are still accepting non-perishable food items by donation, such as Share Community Services in Port Moody*
- Magic eraser all marks + scuffs on walls + baseboards
- Power wash outdoor patios, balconies and/or decks and clean + rearrange your patio furniture
- Clean individual light fixtures and replace burnt out or missing bulbs
- Scrub showers and bathroom floors
- Take a household cleaner or lysol wipes to all handles, light switches and frequently touched areas to keep them disinfected as much as possible
Happy cleaning! We also have a Home Sellers Guide with many helpful tips if you’d like to take your preparations one step further – send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your PDF copy today!